FACILITIES AND ASSET MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Our facilities management and maintenance services are offered to property owners of industrial and commercial buildings to relieve them of the day-to-day operations so that they can focus on their core businesses.
The full spectrum of management and maintenance services includes:
- Maintenance Planning and Management:
- Cleaning services.
- Security services and electronic security system maintenance.
- Car park management.
- Landscape and gardening services.
- Pest Control and refuse removal services.
- Contract Administration and Management:
- Drafting of Specifications and Calling of Tenders
- Management of Specialist Vendors, e.g. B.A.S., specialist lightings, etc
- Financial and Cost Management:
- Operating Budget and Cash Flow monitoring.
- Property Management:
- Property Inspection (audits and checklists).
- Incident Reporting & Management.
- Building Fire Safety Management (as Fire Safety Managers).
- Tenancy Management:
- Property Accounting (KFAM accounting system).
- Monthly billing and collection.
- Arrears Management.
- Attendance to tenants’ service requests and feedbacks.
- Statutory Compliance:
- Property Licenses (applications and renewals), e.g. Lifts, Signages, etc.
- Liaise with appointed auditors or building authorities inspectors, etc.
- Advertising & Promotion Plan (optional service):
- Develop an A & P Plan for the first year subject to available budget.
- Co-ordinate with event organizer for major activities, such as Grand Opening.
In addition, we can work with property owners on the following continual improvement initiatives:
- Review, over time, opportunities for asset enhancement initiatives (AEI).
- Review Environmental Management initiatives such as recycling, waste management and energy conservation programs.
- Ensure Green Mark certification (if applicable) compliance is met and renewed. This involves the following:
- Energy Efficiency – to monitor energy consumption.
- Water Efficiency – to monitor water consumption.
- Sustainable Operations – to implement procedures in concurrence with the Green Mark Certification measures, i.e. waste management, etc.
- Indoor Air Quality Audit – Audit yearly to ensure certification levels are met.
STRATA MANAGEMENT SERVICES
We provide common area management services to property developers or management corporations of strata-titled commercial and residential properties (retail malls, industrial and office complexes, mixed developments and condominiums).
The scope of services to be provided can be categorised into:
Administrative and Secretarial Functions:
- Advise the Client on matters relating to the administration of the Property particularly on the Building Maintenance & Strata Management Act (Cap. 30C) and the relevant Regulations.
- Comply with the requirements of the laws relating to property.
- Assist the Client to uphold the Rules and Regulations and make recommendations to the Client for improvements.
- Keep the Client informed on all matters regarding the maintenance and management of the property and any changes of regulations relating thereto. Make recommendations to the Client for the improvement of the Property.
- Attend promptly to all correspondence, statutory notifications and enquiries on behalf of the Client.
- Arrange and take out adequate insurance against fire and third party liability and any other risks as directed by the Client.
- Arrange all Management Meetings and record and circulate minutes of the meetings, whenever required. The frequency of such meetings shall be determined by the Client.
- Liaise with contractors, solicitors, auditors and relevant government authorities, etc.
- Attend to all complaints, queries and suggestions on all maintenance matters. Proper records should be kept of the complaints etc.
- Apply for all necessary government licences, certificates or approvals including statutory inspection certificates in respect of lifts, firefighting equipment, pumps, generators, swimming pools, etc.
- Ensure that all applicable laws and regulations rules or bye-laws including the current Building Control Act, and the Building Maintenance & Strata Management Act are complied with.
- Ensure that documents, records and architectural, structural and M & E drawings are properly kept and maintained.
- Keep and maintain all statutory books as required by law.
- Attend to the drafting and preparation of all legal contracts and agreements by the lawyers of the Client.
- Arrange for the selection and recruitment of supporting staff as required.
- Ensure the confidentiality of sensitive documents and not entrust the copying of those documents to outside parties.
- Establish and oversee the implementation of a set of procedures for dealing with specific emergencies such as fire and floods.
- Provide and submit all necessary statistics and returns to Government bodies and/or statutory boards as required by law and/or requested by the relevant bodies/boards.
- Prepare or arrange for the preparation of specifications and documents for the calling of tenders or quotations for such works as may be required on the common property.
- Evaluate the tenders or quotations and thereafter to advise on the selection and appointment of service contractors and such other specialist contractors as may be required by the Client. In such advice and evaluation, the Managing Agent must declare his vested interest, if any, in any of the contractors.
- On the direction of the Client, prepare or arrange for the preparation of specifications and documents for the calling of tenders for the repainting and redecoration of the said Property or such other works as may be required on the common property and to advise and assist the Client in the selection of contractors, sub-contractors and specialists and the programming of such repairs/replacements. Where necessary, consultants such as Architects, Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and specialists may be appointed where such scope of work is beyond the Managing Agent’s expertise and the fees of these consultants shall be borne by the Client.
Accounting and Finance Functions:
- Invoice and collect all contributions levied and follow up to ensure prompt payments
- Keep accounting records and produce monthly profit and loss statement and balance sheet
- Keep a petty cash float as approved by Client and maintain record of transactions
- Exercise control and advise Client on expenditure to ensure that it is within the approved budget
- Check and certify invoices for payment for contracts awarded
- Submit statistical returns to government and statutory bodies
- Prepare annual maintenance budget for approval
- Liaise with auditors for annual auditing of accounts
- Liaise with Client’s lawyers in the recovery of arrears in maintenance and/or any other levies due
- Prepare and submit tax returns to the Inland Revenue Department
Property Management Function:
- Supervise contractors and employees to ensure that work schedules are carried out in accordance with the maintenance programme and contracts are executed in accordance with the specifications
- Conduct regular inspection of the property to ensure that the vital installations, facilities, equipment and the property are clean, maintained and serviced
- Advise and evaluate quotations, tenders, selection and appointment of contractors
- Supervise security personnel to ensure that they perform their duties as laid out in the standing order
- Make recommendations on improvement of the common property
- Take necessary steps to abate any nuisance caused by occupiers or visitors
Pre-T.O.P & Upon Obtaining T.O.P. services (where applicable):
- Prepare Handbook for the development.
- Submission to Building Control Authority for the purpose of obtaining approval on the amount of maintenance charges based on per share value per month.
- Prepare for the handover kits to be provided to each purchaser for the development.
- Where required as an option, assist in the handing over of the units to the individual purchasers upon TOP (cost for additional staff required shall be borne by the client).
- Co-ordinate with the purchasers on the defects found within the units and acts as a liaison between the Developer/Main Contractor and the individual purchasers during the defect rectification process.
- Co-ordinate with the Main Contractor to rectify defect works found in the common area of the development.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT & CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Project Management Services:
Project management services are required whenever our clients embark on asset enhancement initiatives for their properties. There is a need to meet key project objectives, delivering projects that are on time, within budget and of the desired quality and safety standards.
Working alongside our clients, we adopt a value-driven approach to defining and articulating business and project objectives before identifying the most effective means to deliver.
We provide a full spectrum of project management services from the preparation of business cases and the development of organisational frameworks to straightforward procurement, design, construction delivery and operation.
Regardless of the scale or complexity of a project, we employ and refine our systems and processes to provide control, governance and transparency from inception to completion. At the point of every decision we make on behalf of our clients, we challenge the status quo and work diligently to find the smartest, most efficient and most cost effective solution.
Technical Due Diligence Services:
Technical due diligence gives an independent, third party assessment of the science and technology associated with new and emerging enterprises and projects.
As part of an overall due diligence process used in buying and selling property, technical due diligence includes the physical inspection of buildings and associated building services, to confirm their overall status and calculate property valuation.
Our services include:
- Status inspection (site inspection)
- Inspection of technical documentation (as-built drawings, plans, etc)
- Cost estimation (for repairs, rectifications, defects that were identified)
- Operational cost analysis (life cycle study)
- Specialist skills in construction and installation (outsourced to specialists):
- Green mark assessment
- Indoor Air Quality assessment
- Diagnostic Tests (structural soundness)
- Adequacies of M&E installations (capacities, design considerations, etc.)
Provide consultancy services on strata management to management corporations who do not have the services of a managing agent. Such services will include advice on strata laws applicable in the management of the common areas, as well as on the duties and responsibilities of the council in discharging their functions, etc. Where necessary, our consultant will attend meetings with the council to provide advice on issues relating to the Building Maintenance & Strata Management Act.
Our consultancy services are also offered to developers to assist them in their new developments to meet their pre-T.O.P. requirements. Services in this aspect will include preparing and submitting the maintenance fund budget to the Commissioner of Buildings for their approval. Other services will include preparing the Residents’ Handbooks (applicable to residential developments) or the Fitting-Out Guide (applicable to commercial developments).
Provide feasibility studies on conversion of single-tier to two-tier management corporation scheme for mixed developments, ranging from an appreciation of the advantages in the conversion, the challenges involved and the process on conversion, etc.
With an unmatched combination of deep industry experience, local market expertise and personalized attention, we work with our clients to develop appropriate strategic CREAM & FM proven solutions and exceptional service that reflect their core business strategies and improve the efficiency of support services, adding value, enhance lifestyles and make a difference, every day.
We strategically review the provision of client’s CREAM & FM services and tailor the most appropriate solution to match the unique needs of our clients.
Our experience gives us the skill and ability to ensure that the most effective model of FM service delivery is adopted and appropriate management procedures implemented. We offer advice on the most suitable procurement route matched to the client’s service delivery requirements. Our market survey and post contract monitoring services are aimed to ensure that value for money is achieved and maintained for the duration of the contract.
If the project specification falls outside the scope of FM, we can leverage in the appropriate knowledge and skills from our alliances’ range of other specialist services – throughout the Business Cycle.
No matter where you are in the world, the experts on our team will give you peace of mind. Whether we are improving your property or managing cost, we will apply best practices with proven capabilities and knowledge.